Reasons to visit Muirs Bookshop
Just a few reasons to visit Muirs Bookshop
- The books….the books…it’s what we are all about. Our vast, eclectic selection is carefully handpicked by all the staff.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, well-informed staff who are dedicated to smart service
- The tactile experience… “A book in hand is worth two on the net.”
- We special order books that aren’t on our shelf and we hunt down those hard to find titles for you. We even bring in second hand out of print titles if you wish.
- Fantastic selection of classics.
- Free gift-wrapping or choose your own wrap, ribbons and cards from our stands.
- Beautiful journals, diaries, writing sets and storage files
- Every Gisborne and East Coast book in print is available here.
- Comprehensive collection of Maori history, art, language and cultural books
- Specialist children’s board books, activity sets, readers, picture books, non-fiction and novels.
- Great teen age section.
- Book award announcements, staff picks and Independent Bookshop Top 20 lists.
- Regular features and reviews in The Gisborne Herald.
- Couches with natural light for reading and choosing your books.
- Up-to-date fliers on publishers new and forthcoming titles.
- Publisher catalogues available to peruse
- Classical music playing as you browse
- Phone and email enquiries and orders welcome. We courier books all over New Zealand and post to most overseas destinations too.